Take Care of your Cotton Flannel Massage Table Sheets
The first time you wash your 100% Cotton Flannel Massage Table Sheets, add half a cup of white vinegar to the load. This will help prevent pilling and setting the colours.
- Wash your flannel sheets separately to preserve softness and keep them snag-free.
- Use less than the recommended amount of detergent. 100% Cotton Flannel sheets do not require a large amount of detergent when washed regularly.
Using too much detergent will cause the fibres to deteriorate causing roughness, weakness, and even holes.
- Always wash your flannel sheets in cold or warm water and if possible on the gentle cycle.
- Do not overload your washer. Overloading will cause friction between sheets and increase pilling.
- Add one cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle (no detergent). Adding vinegar will allow the fibres to expand. It makes your flannel sheets soft while preserving the colour from fading and looking dingy over time. If using a front loading machine, use the extra water setting.
- Avoid using bleach. Bleach breaks down fabric and causes yellowing of sheets.
- Avoid fabric softeners. They leave chemicals behind that stiffen fabric fibres and reduce flannel’s softness over time. The buildup from the softener also increases the appearance of pills.
- Don’t mix light colours with dark colours. Separating colours will prevent colour bleeding and discolouration
- Put a few clean tennis balls in the dryer with your sheets to reduce clumping.
- Tumble dry on warm or medium heat on a gentle setting and/or remove sheets from your dryer when the sheets are slightly damp.
- Do not use dryer sheets. Dryer sheets can cause undue friction that causes the flannel to pill over time.
- Deal with stains promptly and pre-treat them. Use stain remover on stains before laundering. We recommend an enzymatic Cleaning Solution such as Myo-Ther™ N-Zyme. Specially formulated to digest organic matter (oils residues, etc) from sheets and towels.
- Do not scrub. Scrubbing sets stains rather than removing them. It can cause holes in the fabric.
- Spot treat stains. Dilute and use as a spot treatment on heavy stains before laundering. Effective in cold or hot washes.
- We recommend you stick this instruction sheet in your laundry room for easy reference.
Select water soluble oils gels and lotions when using flannel sheets in your clinic or spa. Always follow dryer instructions.