Uses and Benefits of Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary Essential Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis) is well known for its strong, herbal aroma. Commonly used as a culinary herb, Rosemary Essential Oil has many physical and mental benefits as well. It is particularly effective for balancing emotions and relieving stress.
When inhaled, Rosemary Essential Oil decreases Cortisol levels (a hormone produced in stressful situations). This can help combat the effects of chronic stress and improve overall well-being.
- Rosemary Essential Oil is also used to treat symptoms of indigestion, including cramping, constipation, bloating, and flatulence.
- It aids digestion by stimulating bile production in the liver and helping to flush out harmful toxins.
- It is commonly used as a massage oil to treat joint and muscle pains, due to its pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is effective in relieving pain due to acute injuries as well as chronic conditions such as arthritis.
- Rosemary is also an effective essential oil for headache and migraine relief.
- Brand: BodyBest
- Type: Essential Oil
- Use: Topical / Diffusers
- Rosemary: Rosmarinus officinalis
- Plant Source: Herb, Tunisia
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Aroma Type: Herbaceous
Blending Oils: Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Ginger, Lemon, Orange, and Peppermint
Rosemary Oil can be toxic when taken in large quantities. It is not recommended for use by children. Consult with your health-care practitioner before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking medications. Always dilute appropriately before applying to the skin.
The information contained herein is not meant to be a substitute for medical treatment. If you have any medical condition(s) or concerns please contact your family doctor.