Benefits of Hot Stone Study Course
The Hot Stone Study course by the Stone Massage Company is a unique home study course that is equivalent in content to their in-class option.
It is designed for anyone who is unable to travel to attend one of their in-class courses, or who simply prefers to study independently from home.
Registered Massage Therapists will be eligible to receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in the following provinces:
- In Ontario: 15 CEUs "CATEGORY A" from the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
- In Nova Scotia: 6.6 CEUs
- In Alberta: 5 secondary CEUs
Course material is based entirely on information from their 100-page instructional manual, which focuses on both theoretical, as well as practical applications for hot stone therapy.
Course Topics covered
- History of hot stone therapy
- Naturally formed stones versus mechanically tumbled stones
- Properties of basalt stones and other types of stones
- Effects of heat and cold on the body
- Benefits of hot and cold stone therapy and contraindications
- Purchasing your basalt stone set and how to heat the stones
- How to cleanse and re-energize your stones
- Hot stone massage techniques
- Massage oils and lotions
- How to perform a hot stone massage (full body routine)
- How to incorporate aromatherapy into hot stone therapy
- Integrating chakra work into hot stone therapy
- Setting up your therapy room and getting started as a hot stone therapist
How it works
- This 30-hour certification course allows you to work independently on your own time. There is no need to travel.
- You will receive the instructional manual that clearly details all of the course requirements. You will receive a login inside the manual to register and access the course online.
- Each student is required to complete and document five independent case studies, as well as write an open book examination from home.
- Certification requires completion of all case studies and the written exam.
- Completed work must be submitted to The Stone Massage Company for final grading purposes within 12 months of registration.
Please note: Stones are not included in this course, but they are available in our Hot and Cold Stone Therapy.