Ethics and Professionalism Naturopathic (Physicians Edition) by Cidalia Paiva, Ph.D is a great book on accountability, integrity, and trust in healthcare sector.
- Most knowledgeable text on the market today on the topic of ethics and professionalism
- Suitable for Regulated Healthcare professionals
- A well written reader friendly text
Benefits of Ethics and Professionalism Naturopathic Physicians Edition
Ethics and Professionalism Naturopathic Physicians Edition is the most knowledgeable text on the market today on the topic of ethics and professionalism for the Regulated Healthcare professionals.
A well-written reader friendly text, that's easy to understand and apply key topics include; accountability, boundaries, conflict of interest, informed consent, privacy and confidentiality, duty to report, research ethics, ethical theory and principles and ethical decision-making.
Clinical case studies designed to integrate theory and practice
Practical tools and resources to support the development of ethical decision-making
The heart of professionalism rest in the promise that healthcare professionals serve and protect the best interests and well-being of their patients.
Key Aspects of the Book
- Ethics and Professionalism for Regulated Healthcare Professionals introduces the values and concepts that are central to the understanding of the role and commitment that naturopathic physicians make as regulated healthcare professionals
- Putting first things first the book begins by addressing the often taken for granted questions of: why do we need to study ethics? And why should we behave ethically
- The book then explores where commitment really comes from by examining personal and professional integrity and introduces the concept of developing ones ethical sense.
- The body of the text addresses key subjects in professional practice: accountability, boundaries, conflict of interest, informed consent, privacy and confidentiality, duty to report, research ethics and ethical theory and principles.
- Finally, the book is completed with a simple to use model for decision-making that will assist practitioners in learning and applying a conscious rational process to everyday clinical decision-making.
About the Author
Cidalia Paiva, Ph.D (author of Keeping the Professional Promise) is one of North America's leading experts on ethics and professionalism in massage therapy today.
Dr. Paiva brings over 25 years of knowledge, experience and wisdom to the challenge of empowering regulated healthcare professionals to understand and embrace their professional promise-to protect and serve the best interests of their patients-with integrity in touch.